Financial Modelling and Valuation
This course is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of financial modelling and valuation techniques, which are essential skills for professionals in the finance industry. The course is structured into eight modules, each covering a specific area of financial modelling and valuation.
Laying the foundation...
Module 1: Basic Microsoft Excel (4 hours)
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Use of only Keyboard & Shortcuts
- Basic functions & Formula Builder
- IF family functions, Offset, Date, etc.
Module 2: Advance Microsoft Excel (4 hours)
- VLookUp, HLookUp, Index-Match, XLookUp, etc.
- Pivot Table, Dynamic Charts
- Sensitivity analysis, Goal seek
- Integrating ChatGPT with Excel
Module 3: Corporate finance & financial reporting (12 hours)
- Time value of money
- NPV, IRR, XIRR, MIRR, etc.
- Insurance & Pension evaluation
- Loan amortisation, EMI calculator
- Understanding financial statements
- Ratio analysis
Elevating modeling skills...
Module 4: Project financing & Start-ups (16 hours)
- Revenue & cost drivers, KPIs
- Manufacturing business
- Starting a hotel & Restaurant business
- Real estate case study
Module 5: Public companies modeling (20 hours)
- Use of Bloomberg, S&P CapIQ, Refinitiv & Screener
- Schedules- Fixed assets, Net Debt bridge, Working capital, etc.
- Live Indian company modeling & valuation
- Live Global company modeling & valuation
Get set for finance career!
Module 6: Valuations (20 hours)
- Discounted cash flow
- Comparable company analysis & comparable transactions analysis
- Football field analysis
- Adjustment of leases- IFRS 16 / ASC 842
- Reference to Damodaran, Kroll, CFA, etc. material
Module 7: Advance modeling & other topics (8 hours)
- Mergers & Acquisitions- Swap ratio, synergies, goodwill, etc.
- Leverage buyouts
- Private equity & Pitch book overview
- Premium equity research report walkthrough
- MS Excel Macros overview
- Monte Carlo Simulation
Module 8: Career Assistance (4 hours)
- Real interview questions & answers
- Resume guidance
- Strategic approach to job searching
- Leveraging LinkedIn
- Personal referral for top performing candidates